· News & Announcements         · Deals & Giveaways         · Travel & Product Sharing          · Questions & Answers         · Ideas & Suggestions

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Swimming with water shoes?  

Carrie Marie
(@duanqinyangmail-com)

The last few years I have been up at Camano Island, it's a nice spot for swimming with the water temp is ~60F, and since it is crabbing season you can swim amongst the crab pots with some degree of assurance that boaters will not be running you over.
The one downside is that the water entry and exit are a bit painful due to lots of sharp rocks/shells. I've been considering just getting a pair of water shoes to make the entry/exit process easier and just swimming with them on (not trying to do any kind of official swim, this is just for a muck around swims).
So my question is does anyone have any experience with this sort of approach? Any issues with swimming with water shoes on?

3 Replies
Pablo Beita
(@divaaaworkgmail-com)

Yes - I use water socks - they look like a sneaker because they cover the top of your foot. (I remove them when sun bathing so I don't get marks) They are an absolute necessity on most beaches.

They're designed to dry quickly. But most importantly, they do protect your feet. I've stepped on things on the most pristine beaches that have washed ashore so while shelling or strolling the beach, I always wear them.

Dana Thomas
(@dana-thomas)

I got SEEKWAY Water shoes a couple of years ago they are comfortable to wear for an extended time. I also use them on the ship for going to the pool and the hot tub so I do not get my gym shoes wet on the way back to the cabin. I now pack them on almost all trips, they are very lightweight for packing.

Lisa Miller
(@lisa-miller)

I swam for 3 weeks in Croatia with swim shoes on. Including some long (~5-7k) swims. No biggie. My family makes fun of me b/c the bottom of my feet are so damn sensitive, walking on anything, not sand and you'd think I was walking on hot coals. But those shoes have solved this problem for me. I used the very cheap ones available to tourists and they lasted not only for my 3-week Croatia trip but for the rest of the summer at lake Issyk Kul in Kyrgyzstan.

Share: